Hello to the New Cloud Integration Platform: Azure App Service
March 25, 2015 Leave a comment
Following Scott Guthrie’s & Bill Staples’ Azure Announcement this morning, I published this post on Mexia’s blog giving my overview of Azure App Service, the new Platform as a Service (PaaS) offering for web and mobile apps that allows you to quickly and easily build powerful new integration solutions at an enterprise scale.
Rolling the existing Azure Web Sites, Mobile Services, and BizTalk Services into a single platform makes a lot of sense on many levels, not only from the rapid development perspective and the leveraging of existing enterprise capabilities such as auto-scaling, etc. – but also introduces a significant cost savings with the new pricing model!
But rather than ramble on here any more about it, I’ll point you to some excellent write-ups by some of the top integration experts in the world. Here you will find four different perspectives with lots of detailed information:
- Welcome Azure App Service. Some of My Thoughts (Sam Vanhoutte, Codit)
- Azure App Service: BizTalk Server PaaS Done Right (Nick Hauenstein, QuickLearn)
- First Look at Azure API Apps and Logic Apps (Ricardo Torre, BizTalk360)
- Introducing Azure App Service (Kent Weare, Gibson Energy)
Or, check out these links directly to Microsoft resources:
- Introducing Azure App Service (video)
- Azure App Service Documentation
- Announcing the New Azure App Service (Scott Guthrie, Microsoft)
You can try it all out for free right now… so why not have a go?